1. Data Protection
Under the Data Protection Act, Barrhead Travel has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Barrhead Travel safeguards your data and maintains security standards to prevent any unauthorised access. Acting as a travel agent, Barrhead Travel will pass your details onto any third party tour operator / travel company as necessary to complete your travel booking.
2. External Links
Barrhead Travel collects email addresses of those users wishing to join our weekly opt-in email newsletter. This information is held securely and is not given out to any third party. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions on the current newsletter.
4. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your core: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
5. What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
a. To personalise your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
b. To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
c. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
d. To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
a. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
b. To send periodic emails
c. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and where you may to choose to receive special offers.
6. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorised with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information may not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
New laws came into force in the UK that affects most web sites. If cookies are used in a site, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (UK Regulations) provide that certain information must be given to that site's visitors and the user must give his or her consent to the placing of the cookies. Currently we use the following cookies - Google Analytics - this does not disclose your personal details, this program is used to tell how many visitors have visited our website each day, what they clicked on and where about in the world you live.
Other cookies we use are Chart beat which enables us to track visitor numbers, the location of the visitor and what pages you click on, we also use a cookie for our adverts on the homepage via Google which tailor make the adverts on some of the pages of the website to your requirements. Other cookies we make use of are for twitter and ad insight which is used in conjunction with our pay per click campaigns via Google ad words. The final cookie we use is for each session which enables us to track the referral domain along with our AdSense campaigns via Google. Further information on the cookies we use at BarrheadTravel.co.uk please contact us directly in writing, email or telephone via our contact us page. Please understand that at any stage you can choose not to accept cookies via Barrheadtravel.co.uk by making a change in your browser, please view your browser help section for further information and advice.
Please note that the information we gather from the following technologies does not specify any specific individual and is used by us as statistical data only about our users browsing actions and patterns through the website
We may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. This is a small text file implanted by our site on your hard disk when you visit our site which collects personal data about you. For example, a more personalised service, improvements to our site and the ability to store the contents of an electronic shopping basket between visits.
We may also collect information about your computer, including your domain name, IP address, operating system, browser version, how long you stay on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages.
8. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
9. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
10. Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older.
12. Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.barrheadtravel.co.uk
13. Your Consent
This policy was last modified on 01/10/2012
15. Contacting Us
16. Mobile Visitors
Effective on 2014-06-02
This privacy statement describes how Barrhead Travel collects and uses the personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Some services on this site make use of location-based data. If you allow these services, we will collect information about the Wi-fi routers closest to you and the cell IDs of the towers closest to you.
We use this information to provide the requested location-based service, not to identify you. You will be asked for your permission each time a location-based service is requested.
- Provide you content based upon your location.
- Check you in to a store or other location to enable you to earn loyalty rewards or let others know where you are.
- Provide you local search results.
- Provide you special local offers.
- Enable designated individuals to track your location or you to track the location of others.
- Map routes and provide directions to locations that you specify.
- Enable you to share your location with friends.
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
- Device Information
We also collect the following information from you:
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
- Demographic information such as household income, age, education, gender, interests, and zip code
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device id (similar to a website IP address), device type, and mobile service carrier.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Fulfil your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess your needs to determine suitable products or services
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you push notifications when you are using our app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preference either through your device or app settings depending on your device type. You can also contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won
- Improve our App and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Display content based upon your interests
- Send you a catalogue
- Enable you to post your resume, search job postings, and contact or be contacted by prospective employers
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or marketing email or you can contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others within your network. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Also we cannot guarantee that the content you post on our site will not be viewed by others outside your network.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
- We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
- We purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- if Barrhead Travel is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We make your personal information available to other companies so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to make your personal information available to these companies, contact us at web @barrheadtravel.com
We partner with a third party ad network to either display advertising on our App or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our ad network partner uses technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information about your activities on this and other Apps to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our App offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at web at barrheadtravel.com
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Barrhead Travel Service Limited
190-194 Main Street