You are using an outdated browser which may impact the performance of this site. For the best experience on Barrhead Travel, please update to a new browser.
The Caribbean has always been a magnet for people seeking sunshine and smiles. In light of the impact of the recent hurricanes on certain islands, we’re doing all we can to support the region by continuing to visit. Most of our ports of call were unaffected and whilst we’re continuing to work with the affected islands to help where we can, we have arranged alternative ports where necessary to ensure you can make the very most of what the iconic Caribbean has to offer.
Sailing towards the waving palms and white sands of the Caribbean is a moment to celebrate. The Caribbean, with its sugar-soft beaches, turquoise seas and gently swaying palms, is one of the world’s best-loved holiday destinations. With so many beautiful and diverse islands, there is always somewhere or something new to explore.
Cruise the Caribbean on the P&O Azura with direct flights from Glasgow, only with Barrhead Travel - find out more
Interesting facts about the Caribbean:
• The Caribbean region in Central America has around 7,000 beautiful islands
• Approximately 2% of the Caribbean islands are inhabited
• There are more churches per square mile in Jamaica (1,600 in total) than in any other country in the world.
• The Caribbean is a birding hotspot with 560 bird species recorded throughout the region’s islands.
• Iguanas have been soaking up the sun across the Caribbean islands for over 12 million years!