Peru & The Belmond Andean Explorer
- South America
- Flying from
- Various UK Airports
- Departure Dates
- Year Round
- 10 Nights
- From £3099pp
Belmond Andean Explorer takes you to some of the most breath taking scenery in the world…from Lima to Arequipa - a UNESCO World Heritage site. See the vast Colca Canyon and traverse the highest plains of the Andes, together with the reflective beauty of Lake Titicaca, the ancient Capital of the Inca Empire – Cusco, through the Sacred Valley to the new Wonder of the World…Machu Pichu...this is the journey of your dreams...
Day 1 -Depart UK for indirect flight to Lima
Day 2 -Lima. Arrive Lima and transfer to hotel later enjoy a guided tour of Lima
Day 3-4 -Lima - Arequipa. Depart Lima taking an internal flight to Arequipa, a striking white-walled city flanked by 3 volcanoes. Take in a sightseeing tour that includes the enormous complex of monastic building of the Santa Catalina Complex.
Day 5-6 -Arequipa - Colca Canyon - Puno. Travel to the Colca Canyon, home to the legendary condor, stopping at the ‘Mirador Cruz del Condor’ for the perfect viewpoint. Enjoy a full day at Lake Titicaca, visit Taquile Island & Uros Island
Day 7 -Puno - Cusco. The Spirit of the Andes Travel along one of the most beautiful rail journeys in the world across the highest plains of the Andes from Puno to Cusco and enjoy the ultimate overnight escape aboard the stylish carriages of the Belmond Andean Explorer.
Day 8 -Cusco - Half day City tour.
Day 9 -Cusco - Machu Pichu – Full day excursion to Machu Pichu by Vistadome Train. The Vistadome train makes its way through the beautiful landscapes of the Andes region, and then descends into the Sacred Valley. At the citadel of Machu Pichu tour the archaeological site with free time for you to explore the site on your own before returning to Aguas Calientes.Overnight Aguas Calientes.
Day 10 -Machu Pichu.. Second entrance to Machu Picchu (Without Guide) gives further time to explore the citadel before the crowds arrive. Transfer back by Vistadome train, and transfer to Cusco Hotel.
Day 11 -Cusco - Lima. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima, and onward flight to the UK.
- Return economy flights from the UK
- Internal flight in Peru
- 1nt Lima, 2 nts Arequipa, 1nt Colca, 2nts Puno, 1nt Andean Explorer, 2nts Cusco(not consecutive),1nt Aguas Calientas
- Transfers & Excursions (mix private & shared)
- Tourist Tickets & Entrance fees stated
- Overnight on board The Belmond Andean Explorer - The Spirit of the Andes
- Vistadome Train to Machu Pichu
- English Speaking guides
- 9 x breakfasts, 5 x lunches, 4 x dinners
- 2nd Entry ticket to Machu Pichu
- Condor Assistance - our free emergency assistance program
- Lima, The White City of Arequipa,
- The Colca Canyon - home to the mighty Condor,
- Lake Titicaca & visit the floating Island of Uros,
- The Belmond Andean Explorer - The Spirit of the Andes
- Cusco, The Sacred Valley, Machu Pichu
- Free time at Machu Pichu